Office Assistant – London
ABOUT RED PLANET
Red Planet Pictures is a London based dynamic and truly independent TV production company. Founded by renowned writer Tony Jordan, we have creativity at our core, and are currently building on our growing success in popular drama and comedy programming.
REPORTS TO/LINE MANAGER
Reports to the Office Manager.
Corinthian House, 279 Tottenham Court Road, London, W1T 7RJ
SALARY & HOURS
£21,000 per annum
10.00am – 6.30pm (Monday to Friday) with an hour lunch break.
Initial 6 months contract with a 1 month probation period.
PURPOSE OF ROLE
As the Office Assistant you will be based on Reception as the first point of contact for Red Planet on the phones and meet and greet.
This is a very important role and needs someone with great communication skills as well as a good personable manner.
• You will also be tasked with the daily up-keep of the office to help keep a clean and tidy working environment and kitchen area.
• You will also be required to support general staff when needed and do other admin roles as well as being cover for certain staff when on holiday/sick leave.
SCOPE OF ROLE – KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
• First point of contact for the company both on the phones and in person: greet, offer drinks and inform staff as appropriate.
• Tidying kitchen. In charge of kitchen stock levels/supplies.
• Ordering weekly shopping/general supplies.
• T aking deliveries.
• Ordering food and drinks for company events and lunches.
• In charge of the incoming/outgoing post.
• Burning DVDs and other ad-hoc admin tasks.
• Ordering couriers; booking local transport.
• Assisting with the organization of events, Screenings, Christmas
party and cards etc.
• Helping to maintain all social media channels.
• Filing press and publicity.
• Company mail outs.
• Help assist with the general office IT support.
• Maintaining Red Planet’s DVD archive, master tapes library and
tape loan outs. Role Requirements:
We are looking for a bright, enthusiastic individual for our busy medium sized office. Candidates should be good with people, both colleagues and clients, organised, with very good IT knowledge, and competent admin skills.
• A good personable manner both face to face and on the phone.
• Good presentation and grooming.
• Organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple tasks.
• Must be flexible on working hours and must be willing to ‘back fill’ or
change working hours on occasions, even at late notice, as guided by the office manager.
• Good competency with email, internet and computer software packages such as Microsoft Office.
• Experience with design packages including Photoshop and Final Cut Pro and basic video editing skills are preferable.
• Knowledge of video management sites including Vimeo and Youtube.
• Familiarity with Google products ideally including Google Apps for Business would be preferable.
SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
• Experience of working in a busy office with a demonstrable ability to prioritise.
• Excellent working knowledge of MS Office including, Word and Excel along with a fundamental understanding of computers and IT.
• Some relevant experience in the media industry is desirable and/or a passion for television drama production.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal with experience of liaising at all levels.
• Ability to work collaboratively in a team and also discreetly when handling sensitive information or situations
• Excellent time-management and organisational skills and a knowledge of best office practice
• Ability to calmly and effectively prioritise workload.
Communication: Excellent interpersonal and communication skills are required.
Managing relationships and team working: Ability to deal with a wide range of people with tact and diplomacy and work flexibly as part of a team. Able to build and maintain effective working relationships with a range of people. Works co-operatively with others to be part of a team.
Planning and organisation: Able to think ahead in order to establish and efficient and appropriate course of action for self and others. Ability to assimilate information quickly and take independent action when necessary.
Flexibility: Adapts and works effectively with a variety of situations, individuals or groups, and can accept and adapt to changes in one’s own job requirements.